Applying for our course is straightforward and you do not have to pay anything until you are been offered a place.
Application Requirements for How to apply :
In order to take our TEFL course, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Aged 18 or over
- have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education (university or equivalent) although we may accept trainee teachers on the course who have suitable teaching or training experience
As well as these formal requirements, we are also looking for trainee teachers who demonstrate the following personal characteristics:
- teaching potential
- ability to respond to the pressure of the course
- ability to deal with the pressure of teaching English in a classroom setting
- ability to develop rapport with learners
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- willingness to accept and respond appropriately to feedback from trainers and fellow trainees
- ability to convey differences of opinion in a respectful manner
- willingness to work as part of a team
- ability to reflect upon strengths and weaknesses as a teacher
- ability to reflect upon teaching performance during the course and make appropriate changes to ensure teaching standard reaches the level expected by the end of the course
1. Send an email to us telling us you are interested in taking the course. We will send you an email (please check your spam box if you do not receive a message in your inbox) inviting you to arrange an interview (Skype of face-to-face).
2. When we have agreed a suitable time for the interview, please prepare for the interview by reading this document. The interview will consist of an informal chat and some short interview tasks to determine your suitability for the course.
3. When the interview ends, you may be offered a place on the course. You do not have to accept the offer straight away, but please be aware that course places are limited. You will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit to guarantee your place on the course.
4. If you accept a place on the course, we will send you some pre-course tasks and a reading list. It is essential that you complete the tasks and send them back to us before the course starts. The tasks are not graded but they need to be completed in order to pass the course.
5. If you need to arrange accommodation through us, this will be arranged before the course starts and addresses, directions to your lodging, and contact numbers will be sent to you.
6. Please call us if you have any doubts or questions before starting the course. If you need to enrol on a subsequent course, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to fit you in on another course at no extra cost.Interested? Contact us and we can chat about the course
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]